Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Sunday Post [4]: The Week In Review & A ROW80 Update

 
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. From Kimba's website, "this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies."


Look to the right of your screen. Do you see anything different?! You should. I finally found the Allegiant countdown widget that I'd been seeing and, the nerd in me, had to get it for the blog. You can get it HERE. Just click the html option and the code will pop up for you. I'm so happy I finally tracked it down. I just want to stare at it and will the release date to be sooner. *sighs* I need more Four.

Anyways, back to the task at hand which is a run down of the past week on the blog. My house-guests left Friday night and I can't say that I was sad to see them go. Thankfully I have about five more months until the next wave of guests stay at my house and that should be enough time for me to recover. All in all, it was a hectic week and honestly I didn't get much done in terms of writing though I did get quite a few reviews written and some reading in.

Books Read/Reviewed Last Week:


ARC Review: Lions, Tigers and Sexy Bears Oh My! by Candace Havens

ARC Review: The Silver Chain by Primula Bond

ARC Review: Luck of the Dragon by Susannah Scott

And on Goodreads, I did quick reviews of A Highlander's Touch by Karen Marie Moning,  His Risk To Take by Tessa Bailey and Charade by Nyrae Dawn.

(Note: I didn't read all of these books this week. Even I can't read that fast! LOL I'm just really behind on reviewing books.)

What I'm Currently Reading:


At the moment I don't have any books that I'm in the middle of. Big surprise, I know. But with my house-guests around I used last week to finish a bunch of books and book reviews instead of starting anything new.  This week I plan to start Facade, Red and Elite. (Not necessarily in that order though!)  


Stacking The Shelves:


It was another busy week in terms of book sales, deals and galleys that I just had to get. I also made a stop at the library so I took a couple books out there too. To see this week's book haul check out my Stacking the Shelves post.

ROW80


ROW80 is the writing challenge, that, as the founder Kait Nolan puts it, "knows you have a life." You can check out the details HERE.  I check in every Sunday (or try to!) to update my progress on my goals for this Round. So, here we go:

Write every day: I am so behind in writing and especially in Camp NaNo. At this point I don't have any hope of meeting my goal at the end of the month. This makes me sad but at the same time I would rather not rush the words. I won the challenge in April so I don't feel like a complete failure at least. And there is always November. *looks at glass half full*
Blog a minimum of one book review per week, here and/or on Goodreads: Check out my links above. :)
Blog once per week on something that isn't a book review or ROW80 update: I also completed this weekly goal. Once again it's my Stacking the Shelves post (see above). One of these weeks I won't get any new books and this will be a different post but until I can rein that in, well, it's Stacking the Shelves.
Post my Sunday ROW80 Update: Done!
Work on WiP Worksheets: This continues to be a work in progress

Next week the goals will remain the same. I finished reading/commenting on my CPs chapters so I will hopefully be sending that back today. (This was stalled while I was entertaining this week!) I'm also going to try and get some more words down. I need to reset my writing and really buckle down this week.

Lastly, and on a completely unrelated note, I've been trying to get through the shows I have recorded on my DVR. I've finally caught up on the Rizzoli and Isles episodes I hadn't watched (as in, all of them since I haven't been watching this season), now I just have to catch up on Once Upon A Time and Rookie Blue (I love Sam. I really want him and Andy together and this is why I've put off watching so far. If they don't sort their sh*t and get together for good, I'm going to pissed!) Also, Shark Week starts in the beginning of August! Even though it scares the crap out of me (and makes me glad I live in the center of New York state), I'll be watching.

How was your week? Did you take in any good books this week? And for those who are doing ROW80 and/or Camp NaNo, how're you doing with your goals? Do you tune in to Shark Week or have you watched any good shows of late? Sound off in the comments!

12 comments:

  1. Yay for a calm house! I can't imagine having house guests too often. I mean the idea of it sounds cool, but I know I'd be major stressed!

    Lions, Tigers, and Sexy Bear Oh My!!! BAHAHAHA!!!!! What a title! Hope you enjoyed it. Happy reading!

    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It rocked! I've been recommending it to everyone, LOL! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I went to the library this past week with the plan of ONLY checking out books for my kids, because I have way too much in my TBR pile already. But I just can't seem to do it! Of course, I walked out with something for me. The last time my husband stopped by the library, I said, "I'm going to wait in the car. I can't be trusted." LOL.

    What am I reading now? I just started ALMOST A SCANDAL by Elizabeth Essex, which is terrific thus far.

    I think you're right not to sweat CampNaNo if it doesn't work for you this time. Best wishes getting back to writing each day! Have a lovely ROW80 round.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! I really need to avoid libraries. And bookstores. And online bookstores. And well, anything that could tempt me to get more books. I've so much to read!

      I'll be checking out Almost A Scandal on GR. Might have to add it to my TBR!

      Delete
  3. I am trying to stay away from the library, I have so many review books that need to get caught up on. My daughter loves to go though, she even has her own library card. :) Enjoy the week ahead.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shark Week ha ha. We always end up watching that... Have a good week and stay out of the water!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when family comes to visit, but it often means a lot of extra work and daily "Sunday diners" lol. So I know what you mean. Have a lovely week and we are always behind on our DVR'd shows, some we watch the next day and others we marathon! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had so much to read I put off TV for what feels like forever. I'm slowly getting back into it, but even then, I think I'd rather be reading. (I'm such a book addict!) Have a great week!

      Delete
  6. Glad you'll be able to get back to some reading. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can't wait to dive into these. :D

      Delete
  7. I love having family visit, too, but it does play merry hob with the schedule (any schedule, writing or otherwise.) Enjoy your peace and quiet and your new books, and good luck with your writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG "Merry hob"!!! I need to use it often from this point on. I've never heard it before now. Love it!

      Delete