Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Sunday Post [3]: My Week of Reading, Reviewing & Writing

 
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. From Kimba's website, "this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies."

I don't have a lot of time to myself today so I want to take advantage of the little I do have and get some much needed writing in. So I am going to jump right in here with what's been happening on the blog this week and with my writing.

Books Reviewed Last Week:


The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers

Causing Havoc (SBC Fighters, #1) by Lori Foster

Fringe Benefits by Christine Pope

What's Coming Up On The Blog:


I've already read the books I need to review for this week: Lions, Tigers, & Sexy Bears Oh My!, A Lady By Midnight (Spindle Cove, #3) and The Silver Chain. One is completed and I hope to get the other two written today so I am not rushing around this week. *keeps fingers crossed I can accomplish this.*

What I'm Reading:


I've read quite a few of books this past week and this week is another busy week of reviews and galleys to read. The next book(s) up are Charade by Nyrae Dawn (so I can get to the galley copy of book 2, which is Facade.) and also Luck of the Dragon by Susannah Scott. For fun, I'm reading the third book in Karen Marie Moning's Highlander Series, The Highlander's Touch. As usual, I'm loving it and can't wait to continue with this series.

Stacking The Shelves:


It's been another busy week in terms of what books I took in this week. To see what I bought and found free on Amazon and Barnes & Noble, click here.

ROW80:


Write/Revise 7 hours per week: Definitely hit this goal this week. I'm behind in my Camp NaNo count but that's because I haven't been able to write since Wednesday or so. My house guests are stymieing my progress but I am hoping I can make a significant dent today.
Blog a minimum of one book review per week, here and/or on Goodreads: Done times three! See the links above to go to the reviews themselves.
Blog once per week on something that isn't a book review or ROW80 update: Done! Once again, this ended up being the Stacking the Shelves post. I really love that meme and seeing what others have bought, borrowed, found on sale or free, or received for review. I've found so many new authors and books in the 3 weeks I've been doing it.
Post my Sunday ROW80 Update: Done!
Organize my WiP Plan via Excel: I've made progress! But not in the way I thought. Lena told me in the comments section of last Sunday's post some worksheets from Jami Gold to help me with this and I love them! They are brilliant! So what I'm doing is creating a form for each WIP and then will be able to track my progress that way.

Next week the only changes I'm making is that I will shoot for writing every day and that instead of organizing my WiP via Excel I will continue to complete the Story worksheets. The daily writing on my WiPs will be hard since I have company all week but that almost makes me want to do it even more. I can use that time as "me-time". This introvert is on serious sensory overload and I definitely need some of that!

Around the Web:


The 25 Most Awkward Cat Sleeping Positions Ever: Having a cat, I've witnessed many of these and often thought "WTF? How is that even comfy?!" So this made me laugh hard. I love the warning before the article too.

One of my favorite bands in the 90s was Del Amitri. I loved them and on Wednesday their song "Always the Last to Know" was in my head. Mainly because I have the Uninvited staying with me and it seems every two seconds I find out something that apparently I was the last to know. *scowls* Anyways, that song got be thinking about another one of their songs, "Be My Downfall". I forgot how much I loved it back in the day. For your listening pleasure, you can check it out on YouTube or search it on spotify. It is absolutely worth the 10 seconds it takes to search it. Well it is if you loved music from the 90s and need a reminder of all it's awesomeness.

So how'd you guys do this week? Have you bought or read any new books lately? For those working towards your ROW80 and Camp NaNo goals have you made progress or did you hit a wall? Let me know in the comments and I hope you have a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Oh you've been busy. Hope you enjoy all the books you have going. :)

    Have a great week!

    And if you'd like to stop by, I have a Sunday Post up as well...
    http://melissa-melsworld.blogspot.com/2013/07/sunday-post-19_21.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, my calendar is helping me stay on track and surprisingly, I'm getting a lot accomplished using that. I should have done that a long time ago! Thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

      Delete
  2. Glad you got your reading done, and it sounds like you had quite a busy week! Enjoy Kat and I will check out the cats...LOL The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those cats are awesome. Even now I still laugh when I check them out. LOL

      Delete
  3. Busy weeks are always good ones. Have a great week, and happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the busier I am the better imo. That way I don't dwell on things too long. :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete