Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Book Review: A Week To Be Wicked (Spindle Cove, #2) by Tessa Dare

Title: A Week To Be Wicked (Spindle Cove #2)
Author: Tessa Dare
Publisher: Avon
Publication Date: March 27, 2012

My Rating: 5 out of 5 amazing, shining, stupendous stars!

From Goodreads:

Minerva Highwood, one of Spindle Cove’s confirmed spinsters, needs to be in Scotland. Colin Sandhurst, Lord Payne, a rake of the first order, needs to be…anywhere but Spindle Cove.

These unlikely partners have one week to

• fake an elopement
• convince family and friends they’re in “love”
• outrun armed robbers
• survive their worst nightmares
• travel four hundred miles without killing each other
All while sharing a very small carriage by day and an even smaller bed by night.

What they don’t have time for is their growing attraction. Much less wild passion. And heaven forbid they spend precious hours baring their hearts and souls.

Suddenly one week seems like exactly enough time to find a world of trouble. And maybe . . . just maybe . . . love.


My Thoughts:

How is it that I find a book that is even better than the first in the series?! I mean, I didn't actually think this could be better than the first but it seriously, freaking was! Minerva...Minerva is in my top five of heroines. I want, and hope, to see her in more books about Spindle Cove. Her insecurities, the way her mother is just awful in the things she says to her, and her belief that all she has to offer the world, or anyone, is her mind made me connect with her in so many ways. She hides behind her brain, and is unable to acknowledge (mostly because of how she was raised and the "rules" of society) that she could ever attract a man, let alone a man like Colin.

As for Colin...well he was a rake, a dog and a skirt chaser. But when he got a glimpse of Min and who she really was, when she let her guard down for just a moment, he was hooked. And I loved how he was with her: gentle, kind (for the most part), and patient (again, for the most part). There were times, yeah, that he wasn't so much!) I fell for him hard, as did Minerva, and their journey together was beautiful.

It was the ending though that really struck a chord for me. I was unprepared for it and had certain expectations for this book. As do most who read historical romances. There was what I see as a twist in this story, and I absolutely loved it. I won't give it away but I was happy to that both Colin and Minerva knew that they had to face reality and do things the right away.

I loved this book and the series itself just keeps getting better and better. It also is going onto my re-read shelf!

*This book was a self-purchase and I was not in any way compensated for, or even asked, to review this book. All opinions are my own*

No comments:

Post a Comment