Saturday, July 20, 2013

Stacking The Shelves [3]


This meme was started by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews.  The link is to the official launch page that explains what Stacking the Shelves is all about and where to sign up.  Basically, it's a weekly meme where you post what you've bought, borrowed, and/or read, throughout the week. To quote Tynga, "you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"

I had every intention of not buying a single darn book this week. I failed. I totally freaking failed. but I can't help it! They were on sale!!! *sighs*

This is what I keep saying to myself to rationalize by book buying addiction this week. But in truth I think it had more to do with the craziness of my life and my need to escape into books, or 12 gazillion of them. In preparation for the Uninvited house guests who arrived this week, I started to hoard books, or at least, more so than usual. It seemed to be a sort of emotional response and once I saw some sales and such, I just couldn't stop. I did stay within my budget though, so that's a plus! (Note: Most of the covers are clickable links (unless I missed a link somewhere!); If they are, the links will send you to the books Goodreads page.)

BOUGHT:

The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers: this was 99 cents at the time I purchased it. If you have not read this yet, I highly, as in HIGHLY, recommend it. This is probably the best book I've read this year, or at the very least in my top five. Fan-freaking-tastic.  

Uh, hello abs of steel. Nice to see you too! *rips eyes off of the cover* I tried to resist this one. I did! But others in one of the GR gourps I'm in kept raving about it. So I caved. I have no will power. None at all. 

I bought this and finished it already. I love books about MCs. Sons of Anarchy is my fave show after all. 


This was on sale for 99 pennies. I wasn't going to get it, but 99 pennies for a full length book?! How can I say no?

This compilation has 7 authors in in and 7 different novels. I had two of these books already (the ones by Olivia Cunning) but at 99 cents, that's fine. I still get 5 complete novels I haven't read for 99 pennies. Great deal!

Entangled Publishing's Indulgence line had a huge sale on Amazon with all their books offered at 99 cents. BN seemed to be matching the price so I couldn't stop myself (and thank goodness for Barnes & Noble gift cards from my bday! LOL) I know, I have a problem. *cries*


FOR REVIEW:

I think I've got enough on my plate in terms of review books at the moment so I'm holding off accepting any more for the week. I need to get books read and reviewed that I have before I start anything new. 

FREEBIES:

I only nabbed a few of these this week via Amazon and BN, because 6 is "a few" right?! Anyways, I think this is all I took in freebie-wise. With the Uninvited house guests currently invading my home and constantly up in my space I've had a tough time keeping track of things. Is it the 27th yet?


So next week, next week I won't buy anymore books. I won't. I swear. Okay, well maybe I won't swear on it. I'll try not to buy anymore. How's that? Cause if there's a sale, and I see a good deal...well I can't let that pass me by, right?! 

So what's in your book haul this week? Did I miss any good sales or deals out there? Let me know how you did in the comments! 

No comments:

Post a Comment