Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Oh What A Lazy Week It's Been...

Let me start off by saying that I've not made much progress this week.  This past weekend was crammed with various activities which left little time to do anything but come home and sleep, rather soundly too! Add to that the crazy humid weather we had (and since it's May I hadn't taken out the air conditioners yet. I really need to get on that!), and I was basically about as productive as a slug.  That being said, I'm acutally okay with my lack of progress.  I had been making good progress since school ended in the beginning of May with getting my writing, reading and even being active so I think I just needed a small break to relax and enjoy myself.  So, here is my progress:


Writing:  I wrote on Sunday and haven't typed a word since then.  I plan to get back into wrting on Thursday, but clearly won't make my goal for the week.

Reading:  Another book down, so goal complete for the week. I read the first 50 Shades last week, the second on Sunday/Monday and I am starting the third today.  I reviewed the first book on Goodreads and honestly didn't find it that bad and certainly not as shocking as everyone was saying.  You can read my review of it (it's short) here. .  I also got a bunch of gift cards for my birthday yesterday and the downloading of books has begun on my Nook! I will be in my reading cave for the next few nights I think! :)  (And oh by the way, if you are on Goodreads feel free to friend me! I love to see what others are reading and recommending! It's one way my TBR list has gotten so long!)  

Blogging:  This is a fail so far but like I said, I just kinda took a break the last few days. I have a bunch ready to go starting in June that are music related. I really am such a dork when it comes to music but I love sharing my ecclectic tastes with others! 

Working Out: 3 out of 5. For one of those days, Monday, I spent the afternoon goofing off in the pool for hours with my nephew who has a never ending amount of energy.  He tired me out playing tag, and marco polo, and hitting the beach ball back and forth.  Yesterday every muscle in my body was screaming at me. This morning those same muscles were curled up in the fetal position begging me not to move. I forced myself to do a little yoga though, which has helped a little, as did the advil. Hopefully I can get the other two days in by the end of this week.

Well, that's it for me--a relatively short update, least for me anyways, but I'm so tired right now. I just need to sit with a cup of tea and my Nook and relax a bit more! I hope everyone's week is going well and happy writing!

1 comment:

  1. Well, Kat, I'm glad (in a sense) that I'm not the only one who has been slacking off in favor of reading other people's writing. I think it just flows that way... reading and writing and then more reading and then more...

    Oh, yeah, and then there is eating and sleeping and all that other stuff in there somewhere too. ;-)

    What is it about little kids and pools? Our Boodle can go forever in ours. And I love it too, but not quite the way he does... Did we "ever" have that much energy? (I think we still do, but it's getting spent in less enticing places...)

    Have a great week, Kat. Enjoy the books and the time off. We all need some here and there.

    ReplyDelete