Sunday, May 13, 2012

Today Is A New Week And It's Time to Write, Write, Write!

If you read my Wednesday post you'd know that school is over and so one of my main goals (research/writing papers) for this Round is crossed off the list!  Since I turned in that last final I have taken some time to just relax, finish grading for the classes I teach and enjoy some TV I've missed this semester. Since I was just lounging about, I didn't get much done in terms of my other goals.  I took a break from the WiP, and the only thing I really did writing wise was to start reading James Scott Bell's Plot and Structure.  As for working out, I only got in one short yoga workout, but I'm okay with that since this week, it is back to business on all fronts!

With one goal completed, I've decided to revamp my ROW80 goals for the remainder of the Round.  I've kept them pretty general still, since that seemed to work for the earlier part of the round.  All of these goals are focused around the idea of making these activities a habit; something I just DO. And it seems that if I have a goal where I can just check off whether I did it or not (and not get mired down in the details) on a particular day, I end up being more successful.  So here are my new goals:

Writing:  Write every day. Even if it is just 50 words on my WiP, I will write every day.  I check my email on the computer at least once a day, so knocking out some words every day shouldn't be too hard.  I am trying to build good habits this round, and this is where I'm starting.   

Reading: Read a minimum of one book every two weeks. I think this should be pretty easy since I love to read and have a ton in my TBR pile and on my Nook, but before I up it to one book a week I want to have a test run to see how things go. 

Blogging/Social Media:  Keep up with the Blog Me Maybe challenge for the month of May and then re-evaluate in June.  I don't fret if I don't get post for BMM every day (it's why I love the challenge!).  My latest post for this blogfest was Friday's post about Rick Springfield-yes that Rick Springfield! :)  

Be Active:  I want to hit this 5 days of the week. This is going to be really hard, but I am determined to do it.  When I was in the thick of homework and work, I could barely get in my 3 workouts a week and was not sleeping well at all.  But now, like with writing, I want to make working out a habit and since being active often helps me sleep better, it's a win-win!

I am off to start in on these goals with some yoga, then some reading.  Wishing all the mothers out there a Happy and relaxing Mother's Day! I'll be heading to my sister's house in a few hours to let her and my mother sit back while my father, niece, nephew and I try to put together a cook out. Hopefully I don't blow up the grill!  

5 comments:

  1. Your new goals sound pretty manageable to me! I wish you the best for the coming week! Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. James Scott Bell's book on editing and revision is really good too. I just checked out row80 and it sounds awesome. Now that school is out it should help give you more time with your goals, just make sure you give yourself a structure. Writing everyday is a great habit to get into!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for being done with school!!! That must feel great :)

    Writing everyday is an amazing habit to cultivate and I loved that aspect of NaNo last year.
    I truly hope to make some sprints this week so see you there!

    ps. Make sure you have Insurgent lined up for right after Divergent.....I couldn't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you're doing great and your new goals look good too!
    I know you'll kick butt! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on finishing out the school year, has to be a relief. Good job on your goals, old and new. I'm starting to lean the same direction as you in staying with goals that set up good habits. Smart plan you have there!

    Have a fantastic week, Kat :)

    ReplyDelete