Sunday, May 6, 2012

I Can See The Light....

At the end of the tunnel that is!

I have three days until the semester is over. I think I am a little bit in shock because I seriously cannot believe it has gotten here so fast!  I also can't believe I've held it together as well as I have and give most of the credit to ROW80 and the goals I set.  Knowing that I was accountable to the challenge and myself kept me moving along, even when that evil demon of procrastination was whispering in my ear, urging me to do something other than my research and papers.  It was telling me that of course I had time to play video games; nudging me to pick up The Hunger Games or one of the other hundred books I have in my TBR pile.  It was taunting me; pressuring me to stray from the work I had to get done. But I simply glared at the demon, turned my back on it and kept moving forward, stepping closer and closer to the finish line and farther away from the distractions.  I couldn't have done this without all of my fellow ROW-ers who have cheered me on and kept me on track.  So thank you for helping me slay that demon and hopefully purge him from my life completely.  Life is so much easier and more fun, when I just do what needs to get done and don't wait until the last minute.

With my research/papers goal nearly complete, I will be re-evaluating and re-vamping my goals for the remainder of this round.  I know that I will probably add a reading goal, since I am way behind on my GoodReads challenge, and I will also increase my writing time each week just a tad.  But I will decide all that next Sunday and give my brain some time to just chill out after a hectic semester.  As for how I've done this week, here's my update:


Writing: My goal was to write 3 hours a week, I somehow got in 4.  I was only able to join in for about a half a sprint this past week, however, I was able to do some writing in the evenings and made some decisions regarding scene placement.  I've never been much of a planner but as of right now I have finished setting out all the scenes and have a good idea where and how this will end. I can't wait to devote more time to writing because I am loving where this WiP is headed.

Research/Papers:  All the research is done and I am 2/3 of the way finished with my last paper!! *fist pumps and dances around the living room* As you can probably tell, I am super excited about this.  I will still have one final Tuesday and one on Wednesday, but those will be the easy part, since it's been the papers that have been dogging me more than anything else.

Exercise: Don't ask.

So that's it for me. I am off to spend the rest of Sunday finishing up this paper so that tomorrow I can complete any revisions and send it off tomorrow night. I also teach my last class of the semester tomorrow so I will definitely be celebrating both events with a glass of wine, or two!  Good luck to everyone with their goals for the week and see you Wednesday!


8 comments:

  1. Oh! It has to be a relief to see the end of the sememster. Way to go strong to the end, Kat. :}

    I saw you posted a review for 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' just as I clicked this post to comment...I can't wait to read your review! I loved that book! My daughter and I devoured that story within days. Ha!
    Gewurztraminer is the wine (a white, semi sweet/semi dry) I recommend for you winding down celebration! Yum. It's my favorite white wine, a German wine. I'll have to post up my wine label on the blog one of these days.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nadja! I will have to check at the store for that wine tomorrow-I'm always looking for new kinds to try out. :) Thanks for the suggestion!

      Delete
  2. Make sure you give yourself the credit too. You did really well. I know you'll get the exercise in there sometime soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so! I actually miss the exercise, which says something since I hate working out, lol! Maybe this really is becoming a habit for me :)

      Delete
  3. You're doing so well! And I enjoy seeing you during sprints! Hope you can join us more often ;)
    Here's to a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love the afternoon sprints, and once i get tomorrow over with I hope to join in about three per week for the next few weeks. I'm so ridiculously excited!

      Delete
  4. Kat, I totally understand how it feels to be working on the exercise goal. It is a hard one. I live in a house of people who like to eat and have a hard time of getting anyone to go out and exercise with me too, but the awesome part is that if you keep making it a goal and don't get down on yourself, you'll get out there eventually. It's worth it! You'll get there. Take Heart. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on all your accomplishments! And the exercise will come. Just hang in there, and you'll fit that exercise in.

    ReplyDelete