Sunday, April 15, 2012

Simplicity Seems to be Working-Sunday ROW80 Update

It's 3am and I can't sleep. I hate not being able to fall asleep.  The only good thing is that it's a weekend. Let's hope this doesn't happen later this week when I have a crazy work schedule!  So since there isn't much else to do at this hour, I will post my update now, instead of during breakfast.

Overall I think the week has gone pretty well, though I am hoping next week is a little less hectic. Having three goals, and keeping things simple at the beginning of this round, seems to be working quite well.  I have taken my schedule and mapped out my days as best I can to keep myself on track for the upcoming week and I am hoping I can stick to it, as best I can.  Also, though I have been largely absent from twitter this week (except for the day I was able to join the word sprint-yay for word sprints!), I did get a blog post out about Mumford & Sons.   Words can't explain how amazing they are, but I tried to do the best I could without totally drooling over the keyboard.  Check it out if you're interested, and as always, I'd love to hear your thoughts on the music!

As for my ROW80 goals, here is my progress thus far:

(1) Writing: I only was able to get in an hour this week, well a little over an hour really. But I knew this week would be difficult schedule wise so I am not going to beat myself up about it. I wrote 3 extra hours last week in anticipation of the craziness so am still ahead of the game.

(2) Research:  In progress. I did a bunch of this on Saturday and hopefully today can finish and start my outline. I also got the draft of a shorter essay I have to do completed which I will be finishing (and turning in) by Thursday--a full 5 days before it's due.  Truly a first for me!

(3) Working Out: The goal was three times and I got in four.  I am super excited I hit this goal, though my muscles are still getting used to the yoga and stretching exercises, and they are paying me back for it.  Should get easier as long as I keep it up!

Slowly but surely I am getting things done and at this point that is all I can do.  So as I keep on truckin' along, I will be heading around to see how fellow ROW-ers are doing.  Good luck this week and see you around the ROW!

8 comments:

  1. Not being able to sleep SUCKS. Well done doing something productive with the time, I usually lie there and get angry at myself :-(
    Sounds like you're doing well when you're manic in real life too - that's impressive. Hope everything calms down for you this week. Good luck with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think keeping it simple is the best way to go. I have only two goals myself, after all this challenge is all about having a life beside our writing endeavours :)Keep up the good work and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh on the not being able to sleep. I have bouts of that, and it sucks. Good job on still managing to be productive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got addicted to Mumford & Sons a while back. In fact, maybe I'll pull them out for a listen. Good luck with your goals for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeee, Mumford & Sons! I absolutely adore them, so I will definitely check out this post!

    Boo on not being able to sleep. It happens to me from time to time, and it just sucks, because it throws off my week completely. But good for you for at least being able to get a little writing done, and for exceeding your exercise routine. Have a great week to come!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a fan of simple goals. Mine is just to write everyday and not worry about word counts or how many hours... It sounds simple enough, but it's still tough! So I say, keep on with your simple goals and you'll find that you can get a lot done! Great job this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well look at you go!! Well done on predicting the hecticness of the week so you got ahead of yourself. I also have issues sleeping at times and it totally messes with my awesome.

    Have a great week and you are very welcome for the sunshine award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like that simplicity. I am hoping to have fewer goals next round for that reason. It looks like you had a great week. Keep going! Best wishes for your ROW80!

    ReplyDelete