Sunday, April 22, 2012

ROW80 Check In: Moving At A Million Miles An Hour

At least, that's how fast it feels like I've been moving.  Or maybe it's time moving fast and I'm standing still? All I know for sure is that this past week has been a whirlwind of work and homework and I am so glad it's over.  I don't think I actually had 5 minutes to just stop and think until Friday night and when I got those 5 minutes, I pretty much vegged out and stared at the television.  The upside of the craziness is that I slept great, though honestly I think I was so beyond tired that a train could have parked itself outside my window and I wouldn't have noticed. Here's how I did this week:

Writing:  I really didn't think I'd get in any writing at all this week, but somehow managed to get in 3 hours.  Talk about a total unexpected surprise.  Once things settle down I need to go through my WiP and see where I need to add some scenes.  I have the basic ideas/events/relationships down, but I know I have to fill in some gaps for things to be more organized.

Research/Writing Papers:  I am just about done with the first of three papers that I have to write for my classes.  This first one is a critical summary on The French Lieutenant's Woman by John Fowles  I plan on doing another revision (or two) today, and a final one on Monday before I submit it on Tuesday.  The second paper, also due Tuesday, is a shorter essay and is already handwritten so I just need to type that tonight or tomorrow afternoon.  This will leave me with one more paper to finish (due May 9th) before I can leave this semester behind. I will be so happy when I am done with these classes. It has been a long, difficult couple of semesters and my brain needs a break.

Working Out:  Nothing.  My goal was to get in three work outs per week. Didn't happen.  There just aren't enough hours in the day and this week something had to give.  I will definitely be trying to make up for my lack of exercise this week though.

I still have posts to get up for the Sunshine Award and the 7 Facts Tag(s) (they are half done!) but I just have been so focused on this paper that everything else has been put on hold.  After Tuesday my life will be getting back to some semblance of normal, kind of, and at that point I should be able to get back on track with blogging, exercising and maybe even a bit more writing! And even better, I will be two steps closer to having the summer to focus on my writing and reading all these books I have stacked up around me and on the million post it notes at my desk. Hope everyone is doing well and good luck this week!

2 comments:

  1. You are going gangbusters so no wonder you are so tired. Just when I consider going back to school again, I reminded of all the writing had to do for lit classes for bachelor's degree and not ready to do it again. Although when I think back, even though it was stressful, it was fun and interesting. Keep plugging away and summer will be here before you know it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, sweetie, take a break when you get the chance! I know what you mean about sleeping REALLY well, though. I've been doing lots of thinking work this week, and falling into bed exhausted by 9:30 every night. And I am also sitting on a half-finished '7 Facts' and Sunshine Award post, so hopefully I can get that together at some point!

    Anyway, good luck getting all of the papers written! I've got a 25 page beastie due in mid-June, right when I'll be grading 70 term papers, so I'm trying to get a head start on things now. We can do it!

    ReplyDelete