Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stacking the Shelves [5]


This meme was started by Tynga at Tynga's Reviews.  The link is to the official launch page that explains what Stacking the Shelves is all about and where to sign up.  Basically, it's a weekly meme where you post what you've bought, borrowed, and/or read, throughout the week. To quote Tynga, "you can include books you buy in physical store or online, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books, gifts and of course ebooks!"
Hello. My name is Kat, and I have a book addiction. I can't, however, say that I will make any attempt to slow down. Not when books are on sale. To pass up a deal would just be so wrong!

I must say, with deals and my mad bargains from the library book sale, I came in way under my weekly book budget. Also, and as a side note, I buy most of my ebooks in Nook format since my main reader is a Nook Color. Many of the ebooks I picked up this week were the same price at both Amazon and Barnes & Noble. I found this strange since usually Barnes & Noble doesn't price match their ebooks, but the last couple weeks I've noticed many of the sales on Amazon are also the same price at BN. Has anyone else noticed an uptick in BN sales to match Amazon's pricing?

Anyways, let's just jump right into what I took in this week, yeah? (Note: Links are to Goodreads unless otherwise noted.)

BOUGHT:





Always on My Mind (Sullivans #8) by Bella Andre is one of my fave series and it was 99 cents. A bunch of Caroline Linden's historical romances were also on sale and since I can't get these at the library, I snapped up the first in two of her series to see if I like them. One Night In London was 2.99 while A View To A Kiss was 1.99. The How To Series-3 Book Boxed Set was also on sale (I couldn't find the cover for this on GR but the link will take you to Amazon, as was Kaleb (Alluring Induglence, #1) by Nicole Edwards and Only Fear by Anne Marie Becker.



Reclaim My Heart by Donna Fasano was 99 cents.  Golden Eyes & Amber Eyes by Maya Banks are books that were recommended to me and have been on my TBR forever. Since I'm on a shifter kick (and I have a BN giftcard) I figured waht the heck! And this is the same reason I picked up Hour of the Lion by my favorite author (or at least one of my top three!) Cherise Sinclair.

And now, for the damage from the library sale. I won't do covers for these since that would make this post crazy long given how many I bought:





Fire & Ice by Julie Garwood
Shadow Music by Julie Garwood
Blue Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas
And Then She Fell by Stephanie Laurens
My Rebellious Heart by Samantha James
Hot Pink by Susan Johnson

FOR REVIEW:



FREE:



That's it for me. In between all this book buying I have also begun moving to a self hosted WordPress blog. I've been researching forever about the pros and cons and the biggest pro was owning the content. The last thing I want to worry about is the Google Gods thinking my blog is spam and deleting it. This happened recently to several book blogger blogs. *shudders at the thought* It also helped that in doing the research I found that the cost was a lot less than I thought it would be. So because of the impending move I won't be doing  as many reviews for the next couple week. I will instead be trying to figure out how to customize themes and well, everything else that is Wordpress. *tries not to cry*

So how'd you guys do this week? Does anyone have any experience or tips on moving from blogger to Wordpress? I've been scouring the web looking for tutorials and such since I don't know a lot about code. (Though, I am anxious to learn.) Happy reading and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

18 comments:

  1. Oh man" what an awesome haul of books. Following via bloglovin so many excellent romances.

    Grace
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love romance novels. It's such an escape from reality. :D (And thanks for following!)

      Delete
  2. I hope you get to read all of these each book is a winner.. You know how to pick them! Banks Shifter books are gooooood. Wish she wrote more of them. from Sunny GR.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know how to pick them Kat, winner after winner. A nice variety too. I so hope you get time to read them, it will be worth it. The Bank's shifter books are sooooo gooood and hot. Wish she wrote more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ps. You know me better as sunny at GR, World of Maya Bank's group.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I cannot wait to get into Banks' shifter books. I love her highlanders so hard. <3

      Delete
  5. A wonderful haul! I haven't heard of a lot of these books but the covers are certainly appealing ;)

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are some great looking books!
    I hope you enjoy them all! :)
    Happy reading!

    Nick - My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of most of these titles, but I hope that you enjoy them!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are all new to me. Hope you enjoy them!! And good luck with your move to WordPress too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying not to freak out over the move. In the end I know everything will be fine, but at the moment, yeah, freaking out. LOL

      Delete
  9. Yay library sales! That's a lovely collection of books. A few of the romance novels I've heard/read of, a few I think I'll need to check out haha (: Happy readings!

    Bookmunchies' Sunday Post & STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had heard a lot about Garwood but never read anything by her so I was glad to get some of her books. The same with Boyle and Hoyt. It will be fun to discover so many new to me authors! :D

      Delete
  10. WOW, what an amazing haul! You got so many awesome books! I haven't been a romance reader in quite some time but I have heard a ton of great things about Lisa Kleypas so I am thinking about picking up one of her books to try. I hope you enjoy everything you got this week, Happy Reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, what a great haul! Library book sales are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah so many books! I hope you enjoy them all, they look pretty good

    Thank you for stopping by
    Lauren @ Northern Plunder

    ReplyDelete