Sunday, October 28, 2012

Who wants a do over?!

*raises hand while jumping up and down*

Book Club, an unexpected death, a wedding shower, work, coffee with former students that lasted 3 hours longer than it should have, writing, and a huge storm heading this way has made for a week I wish I could forget. I mean seriously  there is only so much a girl can take. Next week doesn't look much better. I have a funeral to attend, a divorce trial (I represent the kids, thank god, since the kids are the only sane and rational minds of the bunch), the storm (which I hope to heck it isn't as bad as people are predicting), and another really horrible, heartbreaking case I've been assigned to. (I represent the kids, which makes the horrible, heartbreaking part of it that much worse. But, it's what I do so...*shrugs*) With everything happening, my emotions have been run through the gamut. This is a 'calgon, take me away' moment if there ever was one.

I'm not bitching about this to complain or make it seem like I'm fishing for sympathy, this is just where my head is at.  Most of what I listed is out of my control, so I'll just deal with it. But it doesn't make it suck any less. (And I foresee me escaping into a good book or twelve during the week. Just sayin'! :D )

Anyways, enough about that. Here's my ROW80 update for the week:
  • Write 5K words for the week: Because I've finished with my NaNo prep (it's almost here! GAH!) I managed to get some actual scene writing in on a new-ish idea I've had in my mind. My word count for this week (of words that didn't totally suck anyways) was 3914.  (I also got a bit of outlining done on a collaborative WIP a friend and I are writing. Yay!)
  • Continue edits on Finding Home as they come in: I have not touched these. *headdesks* Can someone please give me a few more hours in each day? Just say, three or four? I promise I will use them wisely. 
  • Post at least one ROW80 Update (either Wed. or Sun.): Done.
  • Post one non-ROW80 post: Last week I didn't hit this goal. This week I posted two! 
    • On Thursday it was Books, Books Everywhere and if you are a book addict like I am (i.e. love to read books, can't stop buying them, always have a book in your purse or bag, etc.) you might appreciate this. 
    • On Friday I kind of lost my mind and went off on a tangent. I've been on a TV news media hiatus and I slipped on Friday. If you don't like reading rants about news and/or politics (though it's not really political. I am an equally opportunist when it comes to my disgust with the government! :D ). You can read it HERE if you're so inclined. [And on a quasi-related note, it's been so hard to give up the TV news since I am a news junkie. But I'm working on breaking this habit and after my slip on Friday, I quickly remembered all the reasons to give it up. Progress!]
  • Complete major, serious, HUGE, scary work project by end of the week: In progress. I had wanted to get this done by Monday. I am thinking that, given most of last week was a bust in terms of work productivity I will extend this due date to Oct. 31. I would like to get this done before NaNo begins. 
My goals for next week are as follows:
  • Write 5K quality words for the week
  • Continue edits on Finding Home
  • Post at least one ROW80 update (Wed, Sun. or both)
  • Post at least one non-ROW80 blog post
  • Complete major work project this week (Oct. 31)
I hope everyone in the east is prepared for the "Frankenstorm" that is on its way. Stay safe! And let's hope the storm hype is worse than its bite! *keeps fingers crossed!*

5 comments:

  1. sounds like you've had a trying week. If you like yoga try doing deep breathing exercises if nothing else, should at least counter some of the stress you must be feeling.

    And good job on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With such a tough week ahead, and all of your NaNo prep done, why not take the next few days off of writing? Then you can hit your word count with a vengeance come Thursday and the start of NaNo. Small breaks are good for you. Good luck with all you have going on this week. Stay safe the next couple of days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a week. Huge well done on the progress.
    Stay safe with the storm and have a good NaNo. My username is Laura Parish if you want to add me. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is alot in one week! Your job sounds very intense and I hope it all goes as ok as it can go. Well done on nearly being ready for NaNo and I look forward to seeing how well you do! It will be great! *plasters on smile*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am commenting AFTER the storm...and I hope it didn't hit where you are....good luck!

    You actually got a lot done, in spite of the obstacles. Good luck with the next week. Here's MY ROW 80 CHECK-IN POST

    ReplyDelete