Wednesday, March 14, 2012

A Freakin' Awesome Song...and a ROW80 Update

As I mentioned in Saturday's post about Fitz and the Tantrums music is so important to me and I'm always finding new and interesting tracks to listen to while writing.  Well, while cooking dinner (carbonara with whole wheat spaghetti and grilled asparagus. So, so good!), I had VH1 on and the following song came on.  As the music started it barely registered with me until the chorus literally made my head turn. The video is...different.  It's very artistic-which isn't a bad thing, since it allows the focus to be on the music itself, but a friend of mine was like "wtf does that mean?"  My response was "who cares?! Did you not hear the song?!" and then I promptly hit repeat.  I can't stop listening to it, though I totally understand that it might not be everyone's cup of tea.  It's a bit quirky but in my opinion, quirky in a good way.

Gotye  "Somebody That I Used to Know"


And now for the Update--so far so good. Word count so far is:

Monday:  844
Tuesday: 1142

I plan on doing the word sprint at 2pm today.  I need to get some extra writing in this morning because I am way behind my '1500 words for 5 days a week goal' and really need to pick up the pace.  As for working out--blah.  This is just not going well.  It doesn't help that my allergies are kicking my butt at the moment. I did take a walk yesterday and am going to take another one this afternoon.  I need to take advantage of the rare, sunny weather we are getting in central New York.  Blogging, catching up on reading blogs and tweeting are all checked off my list and I am definitely happy about that.  I just need to keep it up.  I am having so much fun blogging about the music that is inspiring my writing and the different tracks I'm finding.  Same with writing what hopefully will become my weekly Monday Mash-Up.  I've done two weeks so far, and it's just been fun.  I feel like it's letting me put more and more of myself out there too, which actually makes tweeting a whole lot easier.  Who knew?!

Hope everyone's week is going well and see you Sunday!

7 comments:

  1. I am SO OBSESSED with that Goyte song. It's so good, and the lyrics are awesome.

    Great job on your goals progress...keep it up and close the round out strong! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and YAY! So glad to find others who have heard the song and love it too! :)

      Delete
  2. Oooh will take a listen to that song when I get home.
    Well done on that word count. Awesome!
    Also, with the exercise. You've managed to get walks in and that's something. I am VERY jealous that you live in New York.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It is a great song-quirky but just...so great! I don't live in the city--more way upstate, like an hour or so from the Adirondack mountains. We get a lot of cloudy weather here, but the colors are amazing. Spring and fall are my fave seasons for that reason alone!

      Delete
  3. Hey, Kat! LOVE that song and video! I may be visiting iTunes today. :)

    Great word count. Best wishes with the 1500 goal! I have gotten a lot out of joining the sprints. We've had rain here in Texas, so it's been hard for me to exercise as well. May we'll get nice spring weather soon. Have a lovely ROW80 week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you liked the song! I am enjoying the wordsprints with everyone in the afternoons too! It is going to be awful for me next week when I have to go back to work and won't be able to do it as often :(

      Delete
  4. Glad you are feeling more comfortable on twitter and is great to see you have been in joining in with some sprints. I hope when the time changes over here I will be able to join in again!

    Hope the words keep flowing and have a great rest of your week :)

    ReplyDelete