Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sunday Slowdown: A ROW80 Update

I like Sundays when I can just lounge around, read at my leisure, write if I want to and just relax before the crazy arrives on Monday morning. Unfortunately that will not be the kind of Sunday I have today. Because of this, today's update will be short and sweet.

Here is a breakdown of last weeks goals and the progress I made:
  • Write 3K words a week: Done! 
  • Review class materials: Um, I didn't get around to finishing this, but I at least have all my books and such organized. Next week I will buckle down, make sure I have the first month of classes planned out, and prep the syllabus. 
  • Review 1 book per week: I did this via Goodreads with the link being here HERE.
  • Read/Comment on at least 5 ROW80 posts and/or blogs: Done!
  • Respond to comments on this blog: Done!
  • Workout 3 times during the week: I did 2 actual workouts this week, and then on Thursday, I took down all winter decorations, cleaned/dusted/vacuumed my house til it shone and took down the tree (not necessarily in that order).  This mean a lot of up and down the stairs from the first floor to the second and then up into the attic. Over and over again.  This also meant I hauled that damn tree out of my house and threw it into the back woods, by myself.  By the time all was done  I felt like I ran a marathon. So was it a traditional workout? No, but my heart rate was up big time. So maybe I can count that as a half of a workout? I don't know. Maybe that's cheating. Hopefully next week I can hit a full 3. 
My goals for the week upcoming are:
  • Write 3K words
  • Review a min. of 1 book per week either on Goodreads or my blog
  • Review class materials and prepare syllabus for classes
  • Finish freelance editing project by Tuesday at 6pm
  • Read/comment on a minimum of 5 ROW80 updates and/or blogs
  • Respond to comments made on this blog
  • Workout 3 times this week
How did you fare with your goals? Did your first week of ROW80 go well or are you making adjustments? Have a great week and happy writing! 

4 comments:

  1. I definitely think that counts as a third work-out! You've done an awesome job keeping up with everything this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was hoping someone would say that. My muscles were telling me it should count (they were screaming at me after hauling that tree outside!), but I didn't want to be too presumptuous! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Go Kat! Good for you. All seems to be on target. :D X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the support! I know I will hit a wall at some point (I always do!), so I am trying to be prepared for whenever that happens. I figure if I get enough momentum in the beginning, maybe I'll just bounce off when that happens?! LOL

      Delete