Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Quick ROW80 Update

Teaching MWF at 8am is kicking my ass. It wouldn't be so bad if it was 830. But something about having to be up and out of the house no later than 7:20am so I can get to class a few minutes before the students is tough to get used to. Ugh!

Anyways, here's the score for ROW80:
  • Finish edits on Finding Home: *happily edits away* One plus about teaching MWF means Tuesday and Thursdays (or at least half of each of those days) are free to get editing in. I cannot ever remember being happy about doing edits. But in this case I've been smiling like a goof every time I work on this. 
  • Set aside several hours of one day to work on collaborative project: I am thinking this might happen later in the week. Perhaps Sunday, though I'd love to get a bunch of writing on this done Friday. It all depends on my work schedule.
  • Read/comment on a min. of 5 blogs: This is goal is just about done though I want to visit some more fellow ROW-ers today to see how they are doing. 
  • Reply to comments on this blog: So far so good!
  • Blog min. of one book review: I have one ready to go for Thursday. I am a bit behind in updating my Goodreads challenge info and have a bunch of books to update and review, but the upside of this means I should be able to keep up with this goal.
  • Check in on Sunday for ROW80: It's not Sunday so...nothing to update.
  • Send out three resumes/applications this week: 1 down, 2 to go.  This week I applied for a teaching position at a college in Nevada. I don't have a lot of hope, but this goal is more about me just being proactive. Instead of sitting around lamenting the hell that is my current job, I want to be active in looking for something else. 
  • Workout 3 times for the week: So far, 1 out of 3. I also worked out Sunday (this counted towards last week's goal), Given both of these were particularly intense workouts my body is screaming at me. Ouch! 
All in all things are going well. I've been trying to stay organized and get things done as they come in. This has definitely helped me in not getting overwhelmed. Now I am off to class to teach students the finer points of plot, how to write a plot summary, and begin a discussion about Hawthorne. Hope everyone has a great day! 

1 comment: