Sunday, September 1, 2013

The Sunday Post [8]


The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. From Kimba's website, "this meme was inspired in part by ~ In My Mailbox~ It's a chance to share News. A post to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog. This is your news post, so personalize it! Include as much as you want or as little. Be creative, it can be a vlog or just a showcase of your goodies."



Last week school started. I'm teaching at the local community college three classes this semester, all writing, and between that and the other job, it's taken a lot out of me. I still managed to get some writing and reading in though, as well as grab some books from the library. And buy some too. I had Kobo coupons that were going to expire. I had to! *looks around all guilty like* Don't judge me...

I've also been eating healthier. I figured that with this new schedule of mine I'd better start watching what I eat better and it seems to be working. I've added a lot more fruit to my daily intake and basil tea. Odd right? But someone suggested I should take some for my asthma. It tends to act up when my allergies do in the spring and fall and so when I was venting my frustration about always having to have  and use my inhalers. someone suggested drinking the tea. It's not a cure, of course. But it supposedly helps with respiratory symptoms? I don't know. I've only had two cups so far, but I'll keep you updated on my progress.

But enough of that. Let's get down to it, shall we?

BOOKS READ/REVIEWED LAST WEEK


ARC: The Demon's Desire by Kendra Leigh Castle
ARC-The Awakening: Liam by Abby Niles
ARC: Deady Sexy Dragon by Lolita Lopez

I also reviewed a few books on Goodreads, so if you'd like to see those, you can check out my profile, HERE.

WHAT I'M READING/ON THE BLOG THIS WEEK


As for this week, well, I have the folliwng to finish that I dind't quite get to last week:

In His Command by Rie Warren
Full Blooded by Amanda Carlson
The Companions by R.A. Salvatore

I am also adding Last Chance Summer by Hope Ramsay to this list as well. 

ARC AUGUST

I'm participating in this challenge to decrease the amount of ARCs I have and get my butt in gear with reviews. You can check out the details HERE. In terms of progress, here is how I did for the month:
  • I finished August with having read/reviewed 7 ARCs, instead of 11. This annoys me, because I really wanted to hit my goal. But at the same time, 7 ARCs in one month for me is a good thing. And it's certainly progress. Hopefully I can keep this up and stay on top of things from this point on.

STACKING THE SHELVES

No dice this week. I just couldn't get my crap together enough yesterday to post. I think that, given my new work schedule, I will be combining the Sunday Post and StS memes and post them together. I've seen others do this and it makes sense. It will also leave me a third day to post a book review, if I need to. So, 3 days of reviews, a ROW80 post, and then the SP and StS meme together. I think I can handle that! 

Having said that, I did get a whole bunch more books via the library book sale so if you're interested in checking out what I've added to my paperbacks, you can check out that shelf HERE

That's it for me: short, sweet and to the point. Or well, kinda-sorta anyways! I'm off to get some reading in before bed. I have a day off tomorrow and plan to enjoy it! Have a good week everyone!  

1 comment:

  1. You know Kat, my hubby and I really need to start eating healthier too, health issues have decreased our activity, and I am hoping as the weather cools we can walk. Good luck with school and adjusting. 7 ARC's is better than none, and just think you are chipping away at that pile! Have a lovely week Kat :)

    ReplyDelete