Sunday, March 17, 2013

Top Of The Mornin' To Ya!!

And Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I love this day for a few reasons, food, beer and my proud Irish heritage being just a few. But another reason that I love this day is that it usually precedes the coming of spring. I mean, it's the 17th of March so the snow has to stop eventually, right?! The good news is that today there is no snow. The bad news is that it's only 20 degrees. I am still going to hope that spring is just around the corner though. *hopes really really hard*

And while I keep on hoping, here's one of the songs of the week I've had replaying over and over. Wait. That's a lie. It's not just a song of the week. For me this is the song of the YEAR. The band is called What Now (you can follow them on twitter at @whatnowband ) and their new album dropped on March 11th. Their song, "Move Like A Sinner", not only rocks in the musical sense, but it is also seriously hot. Here's the video (and as usual, be aware of who is around while watching this. It may not be appropriate for kids and it may also be NSFW depending on who is looking over your shoulder!):


Did I not tell you it was hot?! Now, while that is playing in the background, these are the book reviews that I was able to post this week:

Tempted by Megan Hart: I had a hard time rating this book. It was stuck in my head for weeks. I kept waffling between a 3 and 4 and after awhile, decided on 4 stars because the book just wouldn't let me go. I think that in itself is one of the marks of a good, or at least intriguing, book.

Serendipity by Carly Phillips: this was a 5 out of 5 star read for me. It's a contemporary romance that's sweet yet sexy but not over the top. I can't wait to dive into the rest of this series.

Here are some things to check out from the interwebs that caught my eye this week:

Carina Press Self Editing Chat: Angela James, the executive editor of Carina Press, held a self editing twitter chat with other Carina Press editors on Thursday. There are a ton of great tips and some links to great sources/book that every writer should know/be aware of as they go through and edit their MS for submission or self-publishing.

The #50tips Collection from @smartbitches, all storyfied for everyone's enjoyment! She started the conversation and it morphed into one of the best hashtags I have ever seen. It kept me laughing (actually cackling) for days. Trust me, it is all sorts of awesome!

The Veronica Mars Movie Project: What else is there to say other than I am going on a hunt to redeem all the soda pop and beer cans/bottles I can find so I can pledge, pledge, PLEDGE!  It made 2 million bucks via kickstarter in less than 12 hours on the first day! How cool is that!! I can't wait for more LoVe!!!!

DABWAHA Tournement:  This is from Dear Author's @Jane_l and Smart Bitches Trashy Books @smartbitches and it's modeled after the NCAA tourney. 64 books are nominated and then each person whittles it down until you have one winner chosen. So get over tehre, fill out your brackets and check out the awesome prizes that are up for grabs!

And last, my ROW80 update.  Here's how I did this week:
  • Synopsis: Done. I need to actually send this stuff out now to the places I've selected. I can do this. I can. *runs off and freaks the hell out for real* 
  • Writing: I didn't get too much done here other than reading through some old WiPs and a bit of outlining. I have so many half-finished WiPs and figuring out which one I want to focus on for Camp NaNo is easier said than done. 
  • Minimum of 3 book reviews posted: I only was able to post 2. I had done three, but yesterday I was out of the house all day and didn't get back in time to post it. I will have to put this into next week's rotation! :) As for the 2 reviews I did do, see above for links.
  • Blog comments: I dropped the ball on this and only got a few comments in. I will be going around the ROW today and tomorrow to check on everyone. After all, only 10 days left of the round so we all need to cheer each other on as we get close to the finishing line! WOOT!!
  • Class Prep: I am all caught up on grading except for the midterms that were handed in on Friday. And with next week being spring break I have a whole week to get them done. Yay!
  • Workout three times: I got a few in. Two to be specific. Not perfect, but getting there.
Next week my goals remain the same except for the class prep. That will be modified to be grading and prepping the poetry section of the class so when break is over I am good to go.   I hope everyone has had a great week! We are coming to the end of the Round and soon Camp NaNo will be here (along with the second ROW80 round). Gah! So much is happening all at once! Have a great week! 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a prety good week - not long to the end of round - can we allkeep going - yeah we can:) all the best for coming week:)

    ReplyDelete