Monday, November 26, 2012

Writing, Working and A Wedding: Sunday's ROW80 Update

I've been MIA from my blog lately. At least, for the last two weeks I have been. Work and the holidays have had me running around like crazy, and add to that my best friend's wedding (which was this past Friday) that I was helping to plan (somehow I was picked to do centerpieces along with a billion other things I didn't know how to do. I am not crafty at all but I gotta say, they came out pretty damn good!)...well let's just say I've been distracted.

[On a side note, my friend's wedding was amazing. She looked beautiful and I've never seen her so happy. She's been through a lot of crap in her life but has finally gotten her happily ever after. It's so totally deserved. Even I, a girl who is not that keen on the concept of marriage or HEAs outside of the fiction world, cried happy tears for her.]

Despite this hectic schedule though,I have found time to write. This does not mean I am caught up with my NaNo word count though. I am still behind, though I hope to catch up and hit the 50K mark by the end of November. I will have to write about 2500 words per day to make it, though I will try to lesson this daily amount by writing a substantial chunk of words today. I hope!.

So, since my last post on the 7th, this is how I've been doing with my ROW80 goals:

Write the required amount of words for NaNo: As I mentioned, this hasn't been happening every day, but it is happening. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel and I really, REALLY, want to make it to 50K by the 30th.  But even if I don't, one thing NaNo has taught me is that, even when I have a crazy schedule, if I put my mind to it I can write a lot of words in a month. NaNo has also taught me the importance of an outline. If I didn't have one set up before I started, I'd be nowhere close to my word count so far!

Continue edits on Finding Home: In Progress.  These are coming along quite nicely but I have slowed a bit. I don't want to rush through these (especially with doing NaNo at the same time) so, slow and steady it is.

Post at least one ROW80 Update (either Wed. or Sun): Yeah, okay. I haven't posted an update since the 7th. 'Nuff said.

Post one non-ROW80 post for the week: Fail. I have posted some reviews on Goodreads though of books I've been reading so, I'm getting things out there, just not on my blog. I need to work on this.

For this week, my goals are:

Finish NaNo!

Continue slogging though the edits for Finding Home

Post at least one ROW80 update (either Wed. or Sun)

Post a non-ROW80 post for the week

Get through the pile of files on my desk by Wednesday

If I can stay focused I think I have a good shot at accomplishing these goals. *fingers crossed* How is everyone else doing? For those doing NaNo, are you ready for the end or did it come up too fast?

Oh, and as you can see, I changed up the design a bit on the blog. What do you think? I tend to change it as the seasons change, so I went for a toned done Fall theme. I also changed my profile to a Google+ one though I honestly have no idea what the hell Google+ does. I will have to play around with it and see what the heck to do there, if anything. (Since I don't use FB, I doubt I will use Google+ but I do like the profile better on there than the old blogger profile. It looks way nicer). Is anyone else on Google+? What do you think about it? Useful, or no? Anyways, have a great week and good luck on your goals!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck finishing NaNo! It's hard when you're coming in that last stretch, knowing you're behind. But I'm sure you'll make it. :) You're doing a great job with your goals. Yeah, so you didn't get ALL of them done exactly, but mostly you're on track. Yay you!

    ReplyDelete