Wednesday, August 1, 2012

ROW-ing In The Heat of Summer

Ugh, I am so sick of these 90 degree days. Seriously, is it fall yet?  Cause I think I might melt into a puddle if it keeps this up! Anyways, enough of me whining about the weather.  I have a quick update for today regarding my ROW80 goals.  The day is is setting up to be a long one so I'm going to dive right in!

Writing:  Check! I've written everyday this week though because of my schedule I haven't been able to participate in the sprints :( Should be there Thursday and Friday though! 

Book 1 (re: Charli's story):  Still on track to have the draft DONE by the 17th. My main focus will be on the last third where I need to add several scenes to tighten things up.  

Book 2 (re: Emma's story):  I was able to jot down more notes on this and  I created a document to list all the places and secondary characters in both the first book in the series and in this one, which is helping a lot to keep everything consistent!  

Being Active:  *hears cricket and quickly moves on*

Reading:  I've read three actually.  Seduction and Snacks  by Tara Sivec is laugh out loud, my drink flying out the nose, holding my gut because it hurts from laughing so hard, hysterically funny. I reviewed it on Goodreads HERE but fair warning-if you take offense to crude language do not read this book. Otherwise, get ready to use the highlighter feature on your e-reader cause holy balls there are some awesome passages I just had to go back and re-read, giggling like a lunatic as I did.  Seriously funny book.  The second book was More Than Meets the Ink by Elle Aycart. It was good, so good that I immediately bought the second book in the series, Heavy Issues.  That book was even better and even made me cry (in a good way and it was not overly sappy! But woah, Cole Bowen? He was hotttt!)  I reviewed Heavy Issues on Goodreads HERE if you want to check it out.

Social Media: Blogging and tweeting--Check!

I was going to do Camp Nano this year, but I chickened out yesterday. With my first WIP already more than 80% done and the second WIP about 25% done,  I didn't want to start another one from scratch. I know myself well enough that doing so would just end with me getting overwhelmed and then I'd just crash and burn. However, I will be rooting on all the Camp Nano participants from the sidelines and I wish everyone good luck in your journeys! Reminder-don't eat too many S'mores-you might get a tummy ache! :)  

Good luck this week and see y'all Sunday!

8 comments:

  1. Great progress, Kat! Hang in there, autumn weather is just around the corner. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review of Seduction and Snacks will be my next stop! I love a laugh... (seriously, have you read "Blow Me Down" by Katie MacAlister? There's some funny moments that had me giggling like a ninny!)

    Anyway. I get you about the CampNaNo decision. I passed also. I may join up for NaNoWriMo again this year. I've got things in my sights right now that I don't want to push aside to work on a new project. I'd say you made a wise choice. It can be far too easy to get caught up in 'Shiny-New-Idea-Syndrome'. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just added "Blow Me Down" to my TBR on Goodreads! It looks so good, can't wait to get through the one I'm reading now to start it. And Yay! Seduction and Snacks is so gut busting funny in a totally inappropriate way. I know if any of that happened to me I would just have crawled under a rock and never come out. But reading about it happening to a fictional character...well that it made it all okay to giggle like the goof I am!

      Delete
    2. I cannot wait to read it. I've added it at Goodreads...and may even load it on my Kindle after I finish typing up my LAST 54 PAGES! Oh...please let my fingers be fleet this week! lol.

      Delete
  3. Great job with the daily writing and totaly understand about not wanting to start anything new which to projects underway. You could always be a NaNo rebel though.....Lena is! Either way we will all still be writing together and there is strength in numbers! Here is to a great month :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a Nano Rebel this time too!! I'm working on the same story that I was last November. I think it might take me 85 tries to get it right. I just love the excitement around the event and the extra push to do more than I usually do.

    But Em's right, you'll be working right along side us anyway!! That's actually what I wrote about in my post today lol. Good work on all the writing and reading!! You're really kicking butt there. The being active will come. I'm trying to make it a habit too at the moment...and it's freaking hard. There's just too much to do everyday. But we'll get there!!

    Excited to check out some of the books. I've been wanting to read outside my usual genre and laugh out loud funny sounds like a great way to start. P.S. Send me an email at laurengarafalo at g mail dot com, and we'll get the Nook thing worked out. Hooray for books! Have a great rest of the week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny. I'm wearing my Camp NaNoWriMo t-shirt from last year! Like you, I decided not to get side-tracked by "camp" this year. Maybe, I'll work on the sequel to my WIP in November, if the first book is ready for revisions by then. First things first. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on writing every day; I really don't think there is anything more important than daily writing. You also excelled at accomplishing what I consider to be the main facet of writing, reading. It is such a winning combination. Good for you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete