Monday, August 15, 2011

A Quick but Late Update

So here is a quick and dirty update on ROW80.  The reason it is quick is because I have a another blog post here, Blocking Out Meanies and Kill Joys.  Read it over if you'd like and please leave a comment if you choose...I'd love to see what people think on the topic. I could be completely off-base, or crazy...or maybe both. But any thoughts would be appreciated as always.  But anyways, here goes for the challenge update:

I've missed a couple updates, that much is obvious. (which I blame solely on me being sick this weekend; well okay so I can only blame the one I missed Sunday on that one! o.O ).  But!  I have been writing every day for that minimum of one hour.  I've made lots of revisions and additions to the longer work, and I'm starting to really see it coming together nicely.  Now just to work on writing out the ending in narrative form from the outline I have.  

In looking over what I've done so far, I am really proud of myself for how far I've come in this challenge. I think a lot has to do with the idea of creating small, manageable goals, and not beating myself up when I don't hit a target.  I remember reading somewhere it takes about 30 days  or so to change a habit or make a new one.  I think I am well on my way of doing that, thanks in big part to ROW80.  Hope everyone is having success in their own journeys and I look forward to checking in with everyone's blogs!! 

3 comments:

  1. well done on the evry day bit - that is so difficult sometimes - be proud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job. Glad you are getting in the habit. Once it becomes a habit, becomes a daily thing without really thinking about it. Just part of your day. Baby steps helps. Have a great writing week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the comments and the support! Good luck with your goals and look forward to reading your updates this week!

    ReplyDelete