Wednesday, November 2, 2011

ROW80 Check In for Wed. Nov. 2

Welcome to November!  I really wonder where October went, because I don't remember much of it really.  It was here one day, and then gone the next it seems. But, I can't focus too much on that--I've got too much to do this month.  So for the mid-week update, here goes:

I've been able to keep up with writing 1 hour per day on my WIP.  I did this through a combination of the notes and scenes I've been jotting down in my notebook (and all my attempts at sketches and maps!), and the writing I started yesterday. First day of NaNo word count--3029.  Hopefully I can average about 2000-2500 daily throughout the challenge so I can have a day off on the weekend.  Oh and bonus--my outline for the NaNo WIP, which was a ROW80 goal, is done! One less goal this round; Woot!

As for my other goals, it's a mix as far as where I stand at mid-week.  I've blogged once a week per my goal, and also have been having a great time checking out other ROW80 and NaNo blogs and commenting.  Y'all are some awesomely talented and interesting people.  On the downside though and for completely unrelated reasons, I have only worked out twice this week.  Between fighting a cold, work and homework, I just haven't had the energy to fit this in.  Hopefully I can get back on track tomorrow and workout the next three days.

I've set out to read a new book as well, Kait Nolan's Red (Check out her blog here).  I love it and it has been hard to put down.  I stayed up later than usual to read a little more before I went to sleep last night,  hence why I am a little bleary eyed at the moment, but nothing a little cinnamon tea can't fix!  (And besides, reading the book is well worth the bleary eyes!)

Oh, and one more mini-goal has been crossed off my list--I now am on twitter!  Look for KatMorrisey on there if you'd like.  Though, be warned, I am pretty new at the twitter thing and am a little bit overwhelmed.  And I also feel awkward intruding on other people's conversations, so yeah, expect me to be a little bit timid for awhile, or just providing random tweets about things I see or that happen, find amusing articles or funnies, recipes I like, or things like that.    Be warned though--I sometimes have a dark, sarcastic and/or quite snarky sense of humor (check out Lord_Voldemort7 for an example of what makes me grin sometimes.  I adore him for his snarkiness!  His tweets almost always make me giggle...The Onion too is another fave of mine, among others)  My friends say it is just quirkiness, and due to my love of satire. I don't know where it came from--all I know is that it is part of who I am. (Hence the warning, so people know where I am coming from if I re-tweet something from one of those sites or another)

Anyways, that's all from me.  Hope everyone's week is going well and see you on twitter, at the Friday Fun Not Fear check-in and/or Sunday!!

11 comments:

  1. 1 hour a day is awesome! That's a nice start to NaNo too. Keep up the good work and welcome to the Twitterverse! That sounds like some evil place from anime doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on your NaNo word count, and 1 hour a day is a good goal. Setting short time goals always ends up helping me to write longer. And don't let Twitter discourage you. Find some hashtag for chatting like #Row80, #wewrite and #amwriting, and you'll find a lot of support. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're doing great. I've seen some great numbers for people on nano and I think the enthusiasm sweeps everyone along. Very cool. Went and checked out Lord V as well - was rather funny.
    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome opening NaNo word count, Kat! I think we already "followed" each other on Twitter (been a busy few days and I think NaNozeihmers is going to become a new term *grin*).

    Have a super week and I hope you earn that day off :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the background. Autumn is my favourite season.

    Congrats on the progress you're making. Kudos to you. You shot out of the gate with NaNo. Good stuff!

    All the best with all your goals.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    'til next time...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant start Kat! That is a great word count!

    I am also impressed you have other ROW80 goals as mine is simply write 1,667 words atleast a day!

    Keep up the good work and see you at check-in on friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great start to you NaNo adventure! This is my first time joining NaNo too, ...talk about leaving the comfort zone...If you read my Sunday post, you saw that I'm a natural born slow-poke. This makes NaNo a huge challenge for me take on.

    But it's exciting! Have a great weekend - I hope you earn that day off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ...to 'your' NaNo adventure...lol. Too much typing...too much! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your Nano Novel! I'm doing Nano as well and so far its been fairly good.

    Welcome to twitter as well! I'm on there as @EliOmans so add me if you want to :D I'm a veteran user---so if you got any questions @ me and I'll do what I can to answer. Also I can be a bit profane and obscene, "scandalous" ? Right, I'm loose with my cuss words but apparently I'm fun to follow.

    Hope next week is just as productive if not more so!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great start to your NaNo word count! The further ahead you get now, the more relaxed you'll be at the end of the month. I'm signed up for NaNo, but I honestly don't think I'll really be able to do it this year. Ah well, there's always next year, and I can still at least waste time on the forums there lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kat, that's a wonderful start to NaNo! I'm aiming for 2000 words each day, to make life a little easier once the Thanksgiving/family time crunch happens at the end of the month, so I'm crossing my fingers that I can get some extra work in this weekend.

    Just followed you on Twitter! Looking forward to snarky/satirical shares from the Onion, which is one of my fav 'news' outlets. :p

    ReplyDelete